Silver and Flatware/Sheffield Teapot

Teapot Base
Teapot Base  
I have a Sheffield Teapot with markings as such and have found SOME but not ALL of the markings meanings:

H.M.C. = Homan Manufacturing Co.
E.P.N.S. = Electro Plate Nickel Silver
W.M.M'T'S = White Metal Mounts

There are 3 marks/Crests(?)Which I can NOT identify.
I am looking for the date/age and value of this piece and any history.

Thanks so much,

Hi, Sandy.

I believe Homan Manufacturing existed under that name between 1904 and 1941; however, I'm not certain about these dates. Other names were used between 1847 and 1904.

I don't believe the shields or crests have any significant meaning. I'm guessing the name "Sheffield" and the marks were used to mimic British names and marks. The number "0624" probably is a model number.

You might consider signing up for a free 7-day membership at Worthpoint to see what this item sold for in 2008: .

Here is a sale of a set:

Other silver plate pots from this manufacturer have sold in the $10 to $50 range.

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland