Silver and Flatware/silverplate flatware set

I have a silverplate 6 piece Hollywod flatware set.  Was my Grandma's.  I believe she got it around 1940. It is in excellant condition.  Any idea of it's value?  I may need to get it on my insurance policy.  I never want to sell it.  I want to pass it on.   Thanks

Hi, Jerry.

There are at least two manufacturers with a "Hollywood" pattern, Wallace and International Silver. Look at the pictures at to see which you have.

I usually recommend using the values you find at as insurance value. That approximates the price you might have to pay for replacement pieces. You could probably find much cheaper pieces on sites like eBay but that's hit or miss.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland