You are here:

Silver and Flatware/Sterling flatware


I have an International Sterling (Revere pattern 1898) "blunt" knife with a hollow handle. The handle has been dented badly. The blade is broken and has to be replaced. Can the handle be restored?

Hi, Marvin.

I don't have much experience with the repair of pieces. I suggest contacting the folks at They have an extensive repair shop. It might be cheaper to buy a replacement knife: .

Best wishes,


Silver and Flatware

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jim Stringer


I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........


Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland

©2017 All rights reserved.