Silver and Flatware/Two Sterling Knives - Help :)

I have two knives that I have been researching and cannot locate the patterns online

One indicated 1890 and sterling
Looks like a serving knife

the other is a small knife reads A F towle and sons 12

I have search the replacement sites and other sites online to no avail  the smaller knife has no indication if it is sterling  please see photos  thanks!

Hi, Shelly.

I have looked through all my books and I cannot find these patterns.  Consider posting your question and picture on the forum at A number of experts participate and perhaps one will recognize your patterns.

Sorry i could not help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland