Silver and Flatware/valuation of some pieces

How can I find out the value of some pieces of flatware that I have? On the back they say "WM ROGERS MFG CO EXTRA PLATE ORGINAL ROGERS". I have a large serving spoon and fork and a small spoon.

Hi, Kathy.

These are made of silver plate and probably don't have great value. See the article in the list below that talks about sterling vs silver plate. The brand you have is now owned by International Silver.

Although I don't the specific pattern involved, there is a high degree of probability that the value of these pieces is covered in the article in the list below that talks about the value of silver plate flatware.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland