Silver and Flatware/Antique Egyptian Onida 1909 Oyster Forks

Oyster Fork
Oyster Fork  
Hi Jim,

I was researching the Antique Egyptian (Silverplate, 1909) by ONEIDA when I came across your notes regarding this design and what items can be found.  I have a set of 12 oyster forks in this design, some of which have the marking"xx (-) xx" on the handle.  

I was wondering how rare this item is and what they may be worth?

Looking forward to hearing your opinion and advice

Normally used silver plate pieces don't have much value. This pattern appears to be an exception. I could find very few pieces for sale or that have been sold recently. The normal retailers I check had virtually no stock of this pattern.

The most activity was on eBay. However, no cocktail/oyster forks were found. So my estimate of value is purely a guess - $10 to $15 per piece. They will have the most value to someone who already has the pattern and is looking to add pieces. Since I found no pieces like this, the value might be more than my guess.

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland