Silver and Flatware/Colonial Wallace silver tray

Have a silver tray that has Colonial Wallace  EPNS, 23 and some mark after that , that I can't read. Anything you can tell me about it would be appreciated

Hi, Beverly.

About the only thing I feel certain about is that the tray is made of silver plate. "EPNS" clearly identifies it as such. I assume "23" is a model or catalog number. It's a bit unusual to have only a two-digit model number but there is no rule against it. The Wallace name in silver has been around for about 175 years but I have no knowledge of a pattern or line called "Colonial Wallace".

If you would like to take a picture of the mark and ask a follow up question, feel free. Even if the mark is not clear, perhaps there is enough detail to recognize the general shape.

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland