Silver and Flatware/Rogers Rose Bud pattern

Hi - I have a sad question - my Grandmother just got a set of 8 real silver flatware stolen from her condo in the Rose Bud pattern.  The insurance company needs a price on it.  Can you help?  Thanks

Hi, Lisa.

I'm sorry this happened to your grandmother.

To help me insure that I have identified the set correctly, please tell me about the words and/or symbols you find on the back of a fork or teaspoon. Also, can you tell me about how many total pieces were in the set?

OOPS - silly me! You said the set had been stolen so you can't tell what's on a piece. The reason I'm asking is that I have not found a sterling Rogers pattern named Rosebud or Rose Bud. I did find one made of stainless steel. Can you give me any additional information?

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland