Silver and Flatware/value-if any?

QUESTION: I have a child's knife(approx. 6-7/8" long), fork(approx.6 1/4") and spoon(approx.5 1/4")  1881 Rogers  "Beverly"  ----       Pat.June.09  1881(R)Rogers(A1) on the back handle
I believe it has the Old French blade on the knife.  What might be the value of this set, please?

ANSWER: Hi, Beth.

Just to make sure I have the right pattern in mind, does the word, "Sterling", appear on the back of the spoon and fork?

Thanks you for the prompt response.   No, the word "sterling " does NOT appear on the handles of any of the pieces.   The only markings are:
Pat.June.09  1881(R)Rogers(A1)   

I identified the style from a "Rogers" site on the internet.   This set was from my Great Aunt estate.  Thanks again for your help
Beth Minton

This brand is now owned by Oneida. The pieces are made of silver plate. Generally, used silver plate sold by an individual bring about a dollar or two per piece for standard place pieces like forks and spoons. Since your pieces are not standard place pieces, they might bring a bit more. A typical buyer is someone who already has this pattern.  

I noticed that there have been some recent sales on eBay that went for higher than my estimate. Here's an example: .

I hope this gives you some idea. With silver plate, it's hard to guess.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland