Silver and Flatware/Gebruder Reiner silver flatware set

I have a 116pc set of fine silver crescent moon crown 800 Gebruder Reiner flatware set. I am attaching a picture of the markings. They are in pretty good condition. Where can I get them appraised near Pittsburgh, PA? And are they worth anything?

Thank you very much for your time!

Yes, this set has value. Based on the "800" mark, it appears to contain 80% silver content (except for pieces with non-silver components like knives). Sterling is 92.5% silver content and that's common in the US. 80% is common in Germany.

I'd take the set to a high-end antique shop or high-end auction house in your area for a valuation. Be aware that different values can be stated. For insurance or replacement, the value will be high. On the other hand, if you tried to sell the set, the value would probably be much lower. So, tell the person appraising the set why you are seeking the appraisal.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland