Silver and Flatware/Rabazou carving set

Rabazou carving set
Rabazou carving set  
Hi, I picked up this set at an antiques show today. The picture attached shows the three pieces. So far through research online, I have found zero info about the manufacturer, Rabazou. There is a marking with an R that is to the left of the "rabazou a chatellerault " with a worn marking above it. From what I can tell that was a crown based on another rabazou piece. All three pieces match each other, with similar bone handles. I'm curious as to any info you could offer, ie age, value, the company who made them, etc. i bought them loose- there was no box with them. the person selling claims they bought them in Normandie, France last year. thanks for your help!

Hi, Steve.

I have no information on this company or brand. You probably already know this but the only hint I could find is that the company was in the French town of CHATELLERAULT during the middle part of the 19th century.

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland