Silver and Flatware/rockford s.p. co. siverware

rockford S.P. co. silverware
rockford S.P. co. silv  

rockford S.P. co. siverware
rockford S.P. co. sive  
I need help dating silverware if you can.
The stamp reads

Rockford S.P. Co.

I know it probably has no monetary value, however it is priceless for my wife's family. I just want to be able to date it to the generation in her family that used it .

Thank you so much for your help
I'm sending a few photos.

Rockford existed under that name during the window, 1882-1925.

It's sometimes difficult to tell the pattern by examining a knife. Forks and teaspoons are better. However, this pattern might be Valada also known as Creton (introduced in 1897). Or it might be this pattern known by three different names: Fenwick, Pearl and Lancaster (introduced in 1898).

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland