Silver and Flatware/silverpill box french date unknown?

pill box
pill box  
Hi I am hoping to find out more about a pill box I aquired. It has a crab marking on the inner lid, so I think it means silver outside of paris that it was made.

On the back of the body of thebox is the minevera (or whatever it is called) with a 1 next to the head.
There is a makers mark but it is unidentifiable(it doesnt look like it was stamped correctly?) with a magnifying glass tho it looks like a 1/2 diamond followed by an E.

A magnet doesnt stick but someone went crazy with the silver polish :)

thank you in advance

I'm sorry but I don't recognize the manufacturer's mark. Have you looked at the French marks at The ones I looked at were all diamond shapes. Maybe you can partially match your mark with one of those.

Sorry I could not help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland