Silver and Flatware/Tea kettle


I saw you answered a question about a tea kettle in 2012 and I was wondering if you might know the answer to my tea kettle question (if not, do you know what area to look at in this "all experts" site because I've looked at MANY and can't find the right expert...or do you specifically know of anyone even not on this site that could offer me expert knowledge on my question?)...

Here's the question:
I recently bought an old tea kettle with these markings on the bottom: "1801 Revere Ware Korea d 89 c." I have looked EVERYWHERE online and cannot find the "d 89 c" meaning or value price anywhere!  Can you please tell me more about my tea kettle and how much it would be worth?  Thanks! (please let me know if you need any pictures or anything).

Hi, Megan.

I'm not familiar with this line of Revere Ware. I'm guessing that the reason I have not dealt with them is they pieces like this may be made of stainless steel. It may also have some copper content.

"1801" is part of the name. It was not made in 1801. Since it was made in Korea, it probably does not have a high value. I do not know what "d 89 c" represents. it could mean something only to the manufacturer. "89" could possibly mean it was made in 1989.

I'd look on eBay for comparable pieces just to get some idea.

Sorry I could not help.

Best wishes,


Silver and Flatware

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jim Stringer


I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........


Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland

©2017 All rights reserved.