Silver and Flatware/wallace silverware

We inherited Wallace silverware. It looks like an elk between the Wallace and Sterling. I don't see any other name to identify the pattern. Is there a value as silverware or when I sell it, will it most likely be just a silver price?
thank you

Hi Tani;
Thanks for your post. The stag logo is Wallace of Wallingford, MA, but could be any of many patterns. You could attach a picture of a piece and I can refer to my pattern book or you might check with a local bridal register or contact a place like Replacements, LTD or SilverQueen and fax or email them a copy.
You can always get "melt down" or "scrap" value, but with a 10-35% premium, it would be a shame to let it go that cheap.
I wish I could direct you to a good prospect and/or give you some kind of value, but that is outside my area of expertise.
If I could be of any more help, feel free to post me again.
Enjoy your silver and thanks for your interest.
Mitch Paul

Silver and Flatware

Mitch Paul

Identifying and dating Sterling, Coin and Silver plate. Finding difficult to find marks on silver. Not involved in weaponry,jewelry or musical instruments (this is best offered by those working full time in those fields) Not involved in valuing or appraising items.

Conducting restoration events in fine jewelry, china crystal & silver stores and bridal registries from coast to coast. Primarily involved in restoration, plating & repair of heirloom, decorative, presentation items. Flatware, hollow ware, dresser ware, alter and religious items and personal goods.

Society of American Silversmiths.

Mostly attending lectures and researching goods submitted for prospective restoration and repair. With a background in infectious disease / public health and spending hours and years over a microscope, it makes finding those hidden, diminished and difficult to locate maker marks a welcome challenge.

The only entry I can place here is the interest of establishments hosting our events season after season and many repeat customers.

Upon request and best based upon locality.