Silver and Flatware/Baroque Wallace 202

Hi Jim...
I own a Baroque Wallace 202 Antique Silver Tobacco Box, I'm concern about the approximate year it was made and the actual Value.. Thanks !

Hi, Raul.

I don't have any experience with this piece e nor could I find any recent sales. However, I can make educated guesses.

I believe the box was probably made in the early part of the 20th century. Since it appears to be made of silver plate, it has little value based solely on silver content. However, it would have value to a collector of such pieces. I believe the value would be around $100. However, there currently is a box for sale on eBay with an asking price of $210. You might follow that item to see if it sells.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland