Silver and Flatware/Danish Princess - Childs set

Question
I have a childs set consisting of a small knife, fork & spoon in a yellow box with teddy bears on the cover. It is a Holmes & Edwads set that I got as a gift from a Jewelry store in Reading, Pa. when I was a child around 60 yrs. ago. Does that have any real value today?

Thank you

Answer
Hi Cheryl and thanks for your post. What you have is what is usually referred to as a childs or gift set probably made between World Wars I & II, even though you received it after the wars, a Holmes & Edwards set might have been in the stores stock for a few years before it was sold.
Holmen & Edwards was a good silver plate company and is responsible for several innovations.
I'm not an appraiser and leave valuation to those providing that service on a full time basis, but I can say the original box would support a higher value.
Given the vintage you can be sure the quality is better than newer items and you might consider keeping it in the family for use by future generations.
If I can be of further service, just let us know.
Enjoy your silver, Mitch Paul

Silver and Flatware

Mitch Paul