Silver and Flatware/Durgin sterling..DuBarry-pattern

Hi Jim..I have a set of Durgin sterling flatware, pattern is Dubarry. There are 55 pieces..6 dinner knives, 6 luncheon knives,6 butter spreaders, 6 dinner forks, 6 luncheon forks, 6 gold-washed salad forks, 6 teaspoons, 4 soup spoons, 4 servings spoons-8 1/2", 2 large, beautiful gold-washed fork & spoon, both are 9 1/2" x 3", 1 very large serving spoon 12" x 2/1/2", 1 knife - 8", 1 small gold washed spoon.  I have 2 offers & am wondering if you would be interested in purchasing this exquisite set?  The banks are engraved with BB&B or written out.  This was my grandmothers and along with me, they are not young..Thanks, Sue

Hi, Sue.

I'd be happy to make an offer but I do this type of thing only via email. If you will send an email to, I'll reply with an offer. In your email, just refer to the DuBarry offer request. There is no need to list all the items again. One question I do have - do any pieces have custom engraving such as monograms? The "BB&B" is OK.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland