Silver and Flatware/Electroplated Nickel Silver

I have a pair of chamberstick style candle holders that say EPNS made in India on a sticker on them.  I am just wondering if the identifying mark of EPNS is still used currently or if these may be a bit older...they are in very good shape...just trying to guess the age.  Thanks so much

Hi, Zoe.

EPNS has been used by many companies, both in the U.S. and other countries, for over a century. It's still in use today. Here's an article that talks about it: .

I'm afraid the mark won't help you much in determining age.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland