Silver and Flatware/polishing stainless

mitchpaul wrote at 2013-03-08 18:09:54
Hi again Victor; I suggest checking for polishing compounds specifically for stainless. This is more of an industrial or intuitional capacity as the discharge from polishing wheels these compounds are applied to invades the surrounding area. In most shops a hood or uptake device is employed.

The best comparison I can make is like home auto body work, rarely is it as good as the pros in a shop can do.

The home approach would be to pick up a bench wheel or attachment to a power drill, secure your compounds and practice on scrap items to see what kind of result you can expect before working on the good items.

CAUTION ! ! ! MACHINE METAL POLISHING PRODUCES A LOT OF HEAT ! TO AVOID GETTING BURNED USE HEAT PROTECTIVE GLOVES.

I hope this helps. Enjoy! Mitch Paul

Silver and Flatware

Mitch Paul