Silver and Flatware/flatware

Question
I bought a tray of silverlpate and found four forks marked "J.Wiss and sons"with a"12" in an oblong box next to the name.Any value?.

Answer
Hi Harold and thanks for your post. J. Wiss & Sons was a cutlery company and is mostly known for scissors and some silver plated food service items. Silver plate is a skin of pure silver over a non precious base metal and the "12" might refer to the weight of silver deposited on those items.
I'm not an appraiser and leave valuation up to those doing that on a full time basis.
I could do better if you can attach a picture of the markings to narrow down the "what, when & where." With the provided information, I would say the Newark, New Jersey area between the early 1900's to about 1975.
If I can be of any further service, let me know.
Enjoy your silver, Mitch Paul

Silver and Flatware

Mitch Paul