Silver and Flatware/French hallmarks

I have the same french silver hallmark as described in feb 2012 request for maker star surrounded by the letters P E (between the two top hands of the star) and M J A between the three bottom hands of the star.t I could not find your answer on the maker. Pls send same answer. Dave

Hi, Dave.

I believe I have located the question to which you referred.

I could not answer the question. I referred the questioner to the French section at

Another suggestion is to post your question on the forum at Perhaps a participant in the forum will recognize what you have.

Sorry I could not help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland