Silver and Flatware/Information and Value required please

Full pic
Full pic  

Hi there. I have a tea spoon (gold coloured but I figure unlikely to be gold) Please see the picture but I'd like some information in what the hallmarks are and how much it is worth? It has a Ivory / Mother of Pearl handle and floral design on the face.
Hallmarks are B N P S
I really appreciate your time.

Hi, Lee.

I'm sorry to take so long to get back to you. I was reviewing my references and just could not find a reference that fits. The picture of the marks was too fuzzy for me to see but I used your verbal description as a guide.

B N P S is just not known to me. It's close to EPNS which a very common mark meaning electroplated nickel silver but I can't find a variation of this that fits your piece.

There is no mark that indicates any sterling content so I assume the metallic components are made of silver plate.

Since I can't identify it, I can't say for certain regarding value. I can say that pieces like this generally do not have a high value.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Best wishes,

P. S There is another AllExperts advisor answering silver questions. You might try him.

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland