Silver and Flatware/mh&Co. Bridal Basket Silver

Bride Basket
Bride Basket  
Hello Jim,

I was given a mh&Co. Bridal Basket. It may silver plate or sterling. It has two Satyrs [almost looks like devils] across from one another on rim of the bowl. The number 533 N is engraved on the bottom. The handle is ornate. I am attaching a picture for your review and I'm hoping you can tell me a little about it. I want to use it as a bird feeder...but if it's worth something I may have to make a different plan.

Thank you in advance.

Hi, Penelope.

This may be from Martin Hall & Co. in Great Britain. The marks you described do not correlate with marks on sterling pieces so I'm assuming this is made of silver plate. If I am correct, the value probably is not all that great. However, this basket has a nice design and it appears to be in good shape. Here's another type of basket that sold recently on eBay: .

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland