Silver and Flatware/National. Silver Co. plated martiini set

I have been attempting to reach National Silver Co of NY,  but without success. I have a chrome/stainless plated martini mixer and six goblets, with National Silver's mark.  If you do a google search of Flannery's Silver Martini Set, you will find a picture of a set in the Flannery O'Connor museum in Georgia.  Mine is identical.

I have no information as to date of manufacture (perhaps the early 1960's), National Silver's present location, value, potential buyers or anything else.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hi, Ed.

I believe this company began doing business under this name around 1900. I'd guess your set was made between 1900 and 1940. The reason I picked 1940 is that WWII caused production of items like this to cease for a while. I don't know what this company made after WWII and I don't know if they are still in business.

Since I don't have any experience with items like this, I really do not know what the value is.

This has been a string of, "I don't know," answers. Sorry I could not help much.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland