Silver and Flatware/old fork

Question
Have a old fork. Pattern is tipped. Back say's WM ROGERS(silver/nickle)(R) Would you know year and who made it and the R on the end is what?  Thank you

Answer
Hi Sandy and thanks for your interest. It sounds like what you have is silver plate from between World Wars I & II with a nickle silver base. Silver plate is a "skin" of pure silver over a non precious base metal, nickle silver is a mixture of copper, zinc & nickel and has often been used for flatware and institutional as well as household silver plate. The "R" might be a registration indicator, year mark or part of the trade mark.
I hope this is of some help, and if I can be of any further assistance, let us know.
Enjoy your silver, Mitch Paul, Silver Restoration Adviser  

Silver and Flatware

Mitch Paul