Silver and Flatware/Pattern names

picture 1
picture 1  

Hi..I have a set of B.B.& B. flatware, with serving pieces, which is from my grandmother's estate.  I also have some odd pieces from B.B.& B.  I would very much appreciate it if you could tell me what the pattern names are.  I am 72 years old, never use them anymore and would like to have some extra money for myself.  Could you also recommend an auction house,ie; Christies, or if you would be interested in purchasing?
Thank you so much for your help, Sue

Hi, Sue.

I can't be as much help as I'd like with these patterns. The fork resembles the "King" or "Kings" pattern offered by several manufacturers. Tiffany calls it "English King". This piece may have been made for BB&B by one of these manufacturers.

I have not been able to find the pattern of the other serving piece.

Consider posting your question on the forum at A number of experts participate and perhaps one will recognize these.

I'd contact these business to see what they would offer for your sterling:, and This will give you a bottom line price that you can use as a benchmark. They will want an inventory of pieces, I feel certain.

The best price is usually obtained from an end user who wants to own it personally (rather than a dealer). Finding that buyer is more difficult but eBay is one option.

Once you have offers from some of these places, feel free to ask more questions.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland