Silver and Flatware/Quaker Silver bud vase

Question
I have a vase that says Quaker Silver Co and has a logo that looks like a Quaker woman's head with a bonnet. It also says Pat Applied For and the number 459 under the logo. Is this vase silver-plated? Any other information would be appreciated.  Here are a couple pictures to help identify.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/tsayyote/P1000660.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/tsayyote/P1000656.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Answer
Hi Susan and thanks for your post. The pictures were a great help. What you have is a silver plated vase made by the Quaker Silver Co. in North Attlaboro, Mass between World War I & II. They became part of Gorham in 1959 but design materials and workmanship places yours before then. Rather than a name they gave your vase a pattern number, that's the 459.
The base metal is either a tin lead alloy or "Britannia Metal" a pewter like compound most commonly used between 1850 - 1900 and the style can be called classic revival.
If you see a pewter like color that won't polish up, it's the plating wearing through and can be reapplied without compromising the value.
Restoration may be available at a local jewelry, better gift , tabletop, china , crystal ,silver shop or bridal registry, also online. If your vase is an heirloom you may check for references before considering restoration.
If this sparks any more questions, feel free to contact us again.
Enjoy your silver, Mitch Paul  

Silver and Flatware

Mitch Paul