Silver and Flatware/Silver electrolysis

I'm experimenting with silver electrolysis.. To take the silver plate off of silver plated flat ware.. I Have the anode and cathode part but never got a clear answer on what the electrolyte solution is made up of?? Also what are em Rogers and community plate plated over?? Thank u

Hi, Eric.

I can't answer any of your questions. Consider trying the repair shop at I imagine someone there could help. You could also post your question on the forum at Maybe one of the participants will know.

Sorry i could not help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland