Silver and Flatware/Sterling salt & pepper shakers

Full view
Full view  

Bottom view
Bottom view  
I am thinking of selling this sterling salt & pepper set, but I am having trouble determining a value. I can find other designs by the same person, but I have not been able to find this one. This is what I know about it:

Georg Jensen sterling silver salt & pepper shaker set
modern design

Diameter at base 1 1/4"
Height 3 1/4"
It tapers from round at the base to oval at top
Dimensions of top 1/2" x 5/8"

Salt shaker has 3 holes
Pepper shaker has multiple smaller holes

The plugs at the bottom are round, each with these markings:
Top half: GEORG JENSEN inside of an oval made up of dots, DENMARK, STERLING
Lower half: HK inside of an oval, 1102

Used condition (no scratches, dents, damage, etc.)
Some tarnish

Hi, Sue.

I don't really know the value of your set. There is a set from the same series (smaller) for sale on this page for $450: . I can't say if that's a realistic price. This page does give you information about dating and the designer. Maybe this will help place your set in a price ballpark.

Sorry  could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland