Silver and Flatware/tiffany tea set

My 3pc tea set is stamped Tiffany, England with British hallmarks indicating London 1929. The maker is C.S. Harris and Sons. My question is did Tiffany use British silversmiths back then and is this one of the silversmiths they would have used in 1929? I have been unable to find any info.,Thanks Chris

Hi, Chris.

Based on other pieces I've seen, I do believe Tiffany sold pieces made by C. S. Harris during that time period. Here's an example of a piece sold by Christie's in recent past: .

I don't know a lot about this connection but it looks like your set fits what we know.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland