Silver and Flatware/Unmarked Tiffany Olympian pattern spoon

Unmarked Tiffany Olympian Spoon
Unmarked Tiffany Olymp  

Unmarked Tiffany Olympian Spoon
Unmarked Tiffany Olymp  
I have several antique sterling silver Tiffany serving pieces that I have inherited.  Three of the pieces I have are in the Olympian pattern with all the identifications on the back.  This one piece in question in question is a large 10" long serving spoon with the remains of a gold wash bowl.  It has an ornate monogram on the back and all the designs of the Olympian pattern including the head on the back of the spoon and also what appears to be what I will call a coat of arms on the back of the handle.  The front of the handle is the relief design of the Olympian pattern which matches my other pieces.  It beautifully detailed like the others and weighs a 5.7 troy ounces.  It speaks Tiffany in quality, detail and design.  Only one thing, it no identification on the back at all.  No Tiffany name, date, etc...How do you think this piece could have by-passed the marking stage of the process and what do you think the value of this item would be.  I would appreciate any information you can offer me.

Hi, Gil.

I'm afraid I don't have a good answer for the absence of marks. Consider posting your question on the forum at A number of experts participate and perhaps one will be able to answer your question. There is also another silver expert now answering questions at You might submit your question to him.

In terms of value, a properly marked piece would probably have a value approaching $1,000 or so. I can't say for an unmarked piece.

Sorry I could not help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland