Silver and Flatware/Value of silverware

What is the value of the 1847 Rogers Bros. Silverplate.  Heritage
style? What year was it probably purchased?   Thank you!

Hi Andy and thanks for your post. I'm not an appraiser so valuation is not my area. That's best left to those who do that on a full time basis and you can find a local personal property appraiser who specializes in silver, china and crystal and such.
Check out the sites of the American Society of  appraisers, the International Society of Appraisers or American Association of Appraisers. They should be able to direct you to a local affiliate. Or you could check out a local antique, consignment or vintage collectable store to get price comparisons.
It's hard to determine a vintage without a picture, but if the 1847 Rogers mark includes the letters "IS" in a block that would be when it was aquired by International Silver and would place it around 1948 - 1955 or so.
I hope this information is of some use to you. If I can be of any more assistance, please let me know.
Enjoy your silver,
Mitch Paul  

Silver and Flatware

Mitch Paul

Identifying and dating Sterling, Coin and Silver plate. Finding difficult to find marks on silver. Not involved in weaponry,jewelry or musical instruments (this is best offered by those working full time in those fields) Not involved in valuing or appraising items.

Conducting restoration events in fine jewelry, china crystal & silver stores and bridal registries from coast to coast. Primarily involved in restoration, plating & repair of heirloom, decorative, presentation items. Flatware, hollow ware, dresser ware, alter and religious items and personal goods.

Society of American Silversmiths.

Mostly attending lectures and researching goods submitted for prospective restoration and repair. With a background in infectious disease / public health and spending hours and years over a microscope, it makes finding those hidden, diminished and difficult to locate maker marks a welcome challenge.

The only entry I can place here is the interest of establishments hosting our events season after season and many repeat customers.

Upon request and best based upon locality.