Silver and Flatware/candy dish?

candy dish
candy dish  

candy dish
candy dish  
Could you please advise what i have
Been in the family along time. just curious. markings are jbc&sl England epn

Hi, Laurie.

I'm sorry for the delay in answering your question. I was trying to find something similar in my research files. Unfortunately, I did not find anything close enough.

The company mark may represent J. B. Chatterley & Sons Ltd. The "epn" may indicate silver plate construction.

I cannot define the intended use for this piece. Here is a link to an article that lists other Q&A sites you might try.

Sorry I was not much help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland