Silver and Flatware/cigarette case

i have a silver plated cigarette case with the pictures of the "voortrekker monument" and a map of south africa showing the "voortrekker road" on it with all the names of the city's.  on the bottem left is printed "dit is die voortrekker pad" and on the right is printed "zilverfabriek voorschoten" i can't find any info about this cigarette case any where? Can you help      

Hi, Mathys.

I'm afraid I can't answer your interesting question. Museums and collectors of items like this are the best source of information. Also, antique dealers and auction houses sometimes have information.

Since I deal mainly in sterling flatware, I hardly ever touch pieces like this. Consider starting with museum in the region indicated on the case.

Sorry I could not help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland