Silver and Flatware/Does the co. Wirths make the same patterns for both sterling and silverplate?

wirths ladle halmark
wirths ladle halmark  

wirths ladle pattern
wirths ladle pattern  
I have a punch ladle by Wirths the stamp on the back and the pattern is the same as one I found on ebay eccept the one one ebay says sterling and mine does not. I wanted to know if this co. made sterling and silverplate in the same patterns. I attached photos of mine but the only way to see the one on ebay is to go there it wont let me copy them. If you type in  wirths sterling silver ladle it comes right up, than you will see why I am confused. I am pretty good at reserch but this has me totally stumped. Thank You

Hi, Bonnie.

I don't have any experience with this company so please don't rely on my answers alone. I can just make some comments about this without really answering your question.

When I see a German piece with "90" on it, I immediately assume it is silver plate. I find it confusing that the eBay piece has "90" and "sterling" on it. I have to ask myself, "Did someone use a metal stamp with "Sterling" on it to add the word later?"

The eBay piece could be totally legit but I have questions.

Consider posting your question on the forum at Several experts participate.

Sorry I could not be much help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland