Silver and Flatware/Fish Knives & Forks

Boxed set
Boxed set  
I have a boxed set (24) each is marked Magee Marshal Co Ltd Bolton. The blade shows
A&D letter S H The ferrul has A&D a crown and leopard Passant and
 I think the handles may be bone? And all in a Mahogany box .Enclosed photos
I am intereste if they are of any intrisic value and when they were made. thanks The box key is lost

This set may have been manufactured by Allen & Darwin during the first half of the 20th century. Generally, sets like this do not have a large resale value. However, yours appears to be complete and in good condition so it might be worth a bit more.

I could not find an actual sale. A similar set was placed for auction in the U.S. last year but no one offered the starting bid price of US $450.

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland