Silver and Flatware/Gorham Octette Pewter

Naken Gorham Pewter set
Naken Gorham Pewter se  
I have (8) modern hollow knifes,
(8) forks
(8) salad forks
(8) teaspoons
(1) serving spoon
(4) soup serving spoons
Naken wooden felt lined box

They were passed down in the family. Some pieces are still in plactic Gorham Pewter wrappers. The set shows no wear at all as if it was never used.

Question: what do i have here as in money wise? By the melted down price or sell as is price?

Hi, Scott.

I have no experience with this pattern. However, I did check around and used pieces sold by individuals generally went in the range of $2 to $5 per piece for place setting pieces and $5 to $15 per piece for serving pieces.

I have never had pewter melted so I don't know its scrap value. I'm guessing that it's low.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland