Silver and Flatware/Identification

Please tell me the best way to identify a pattern.  I guess I mean the fastest.  I don't want to sell just get the name, date of manufacture and if I would be able to buy some replacement pieces.  It is marked "Community" so I am sure it is not sterling as there are no other marks.  Thanks CLL

Hey Carmen and thanks for your post. There are pattern books out there, but might be a challenge to find. If you could post a picture of a place setting, I'll do my best to use my research materials.
You're right about community being more of a silver plate company than sterling manufacturer and they usually didn't mark their items with a pattern or style name.
Let me know if I can trace down the pattern for you.
Enjoy, Mitch Paul  

Silver and Flatware

Mitch Paul

Identifying and dating Sterling, Coin and Silver plate. Finding difficult to find marks on silver. Not involved in weaponry,jewelry or musical instruments (this is best offered by those working full time in those fields) Not involved in valuing or appraising items.

Conducting restoration events in fine jewelry, china crystal & silver stores and bridal registries from coast to coast. Primarily involved in restoration, plating & repair of heirloom, decorative, presentation items. Flatware, hollow ware, dresser ware, alter and religious items and personal goods.

Society of American Silversmiths.

Mostly attending lectures and researching goods submitted for prospective restoration and repair. With a background in infectious disease / public health and spending hours and years over a microscope, it makes finding those hidden, diminished and difficult to locate maker marks a welcome challenge.

The only entry I can place here is the interest of establishments hosting our events season after season and many repeat customers.

Upon request and best based upon locality.