Silver and Flatware/Identify Rogers Brother Flatware

Pie Server 2
Pie Server 2  
Pie Server 1
Pie Server 1  
QUESTION: Hi Jim, I have a Rogers Brother Centennial pie server that I am trying to identify but it has a strange finish to it. It is branded "1874 Rogers Brothers" with the boxed, capital "I" and "S". I have been researching but have been unable to find out what the finish might be. Whatever it is, it is a very beautiful piece. Thanks for your help.

ANSWER: Hi, Sev.

You may already be aware of this - the "IS" represents International Silver which took over this brand in 1898 and continued to use it for many years. They introduced Centennial in 1972, I believe.

This pattern normally was made in a standard silver plate version but it appears they also had a version with light gold plating accents. This may be what you have.

Best wishes,

QUESTION: Thanks for your answer Jim. Could you point me in a good direction to value the piece? It seems to be a unique item and I am having trouble with that as well. Thanks again.

Generally, plated pieces, silver or gold, have low values. This site appears to have your piece for sale at $24 : An individual selling such a similar piece could probably expect $5 to $10 from a buyer looking to complete an existing set.

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland