Silver and Flatware/layer streling silver

I just purchased some necklace, braclet and rings from China and the discription said layer streling silver 925. When I received the items it has 925 stamped on it, but not the braclet.I want to know is the item fake or real that have the 925 on it I know in the U.S. it can not be mark 925 if it isn't but is it the same for China.

Hi Sandra and thanks for your post. Usually 925 / .925 / 925/1000 stands for sterling silver which is 925 parts silver and 75 parts copper or other metals. The markings could be a sterling indication of sterling, but I don't know of goods like that coming out of China these days.
This might be better directed to a jeweler.
I hope this was of some help and let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Enjoy, Mith Paul  

Silver and Flatware

Mitch Paul

Identifying and dating Sterling, Coin and Silver plate. Finding difficult to find marks on silver. Not involved in weaponry,jewelry or musical instruments (this is best offered by those working full time in those fields) Not involved in valuing or appraising items.

Conducting restoration events in fine jewelry, china crystal & silver stores and bridal registries from coast to coast. Primarily involved in restoration, plating & repair of heirloom, decorative, presentation items. Flatware, hollow ware, dresser ware, alter and religious items and personal goods.

Society of American Silversmiths.

Mostly attending lectures and researching goods submitted for prospective restoration and repair. With a background in infectious disease / public health and spending hours and years over a microscope, it makes finding those hidden, diminished and difficult to locate maker marks a welcome challenge.

The only entry I can place here is the interest of establishments hosting our events season after season and many repeat customers.

Upon request and best based upon locality.