Silver and Flatware/layer streling silver

Question
I just purchased some necklace, braclet and rings from China and the discription said layer streling silver 925. When I received the items it has 925 stamped on it, but not the braclet.I want to know is the item fake or real that have the 925 on it I know in the U.S. it can not be mark 925 if it isn't but is it the same for China.

Answer
Hi Sandra and thanks for your post. Usually 925 / .925 / 925/1000 stands for sterling silver which is 925 parts silver and 75 parts copper or other metals. The markings could be a sterling indication of sterling, but I don't know of goods like that coming out of China these days.
This might be better directed to a jeweler.
I hope this was of some help and let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Enjoy, Mith Paul  

Silver and Flatware

Mitch Paul