Silver and Flatware/Reflection 1847 Rogers Bros serving dish with lid

Can you recomend where to go to find out the worth of this beautiful piece.  It is and IS piece labeled Reflection

Hi, Linda.

The "IS" represents International Silver which now owns this brand. You can see some Reflection pieces listed here. The prices you see would be useful for insurance purposes. However, if an individual tried to sell a piece, the price they could expect would be in the 15% to 20% of the prices shown on the referenced page. You could contact the retailer referenced to see what they would offer for the piece.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland