Silver and Flatware/Knives

I have 6 knives that have no marking expect for FEDERAL warranted etched on them.  I only know they are really old.and they have a simple design on the handles, the tips of the knives are rounded.I don't have any idea how to send a pic. sorry

Hi, Linda.

I'm not familiar with these knives. There was a Federal Silver Co. in New York from 1921 until 1961. Perhaps these knives came from that company. The blunt blades confirm that they are old.

They probably do not have a great value. However, I can't confirm that since I could not find sales of pieces from this company. I did find one non-silver piece that is currently for sale here: .

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland