Silver and Flatware/Set of spoons

I have a set of 12 spoons in an black box with green velvet for the spoons, beige silk lines the markings or names on the box, the spoons have...starting near the round F in a diamond, then the word sterling silver written out then GM.CO then .925 then a triangle then it looks like an m or a squiggle.

It is a very simple design with two little loops at the top. the spoons are 5 inches long. 2 are engraved with names the rest are not.

Can you identify them and are they worth anything?

Hi, Christine.

First, I can say the spoons are worth something simply because they are made of sterling. At a minimum, they probably are in the $15 to $25 range each.

These may be from Gorham and the "squiggle" might be a date mark. Can you ask a follow up and attach pictures of the marks and the front of a spoon?

There are thousands of patterns out there and it's tough to tell without a picture.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland