Silver and Flatware/silver pastry fork set

Dixon forks
Dixon forks  
I have a boxed set of silver pastry/desert forks with the hallmarks DIXON and the 'bugle' hallmark followed by A1...they are currently in a wooden box with 'Harrods' on the inside...i'm not sure if this is their original box...please can you tell me the possible date they would have been made and advice if i should get them valued professionally.
I have included a pic showing the detail on the handles.
Thank you

Hi, Teegan.

i can't say definitely when these were made but I think late 19th century or later. The "A1" indicates they are made of silver plate#

I don't know the value but my guess would be that the value is not great. Silver plate pieces sold on the secondary market generally do not sell for high prices# For example, this set failed to receive any bids:

However, because this is an old line English company, I may be wrong.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland