Silver and Flatware/WM Rogers and Son 2600 Teapot

I read your answer to Torn's question regarding the WM Rogers and Son Teapot.  Your picture and description states 2601.  The pot I have states 2600 not 2601.  What does this mean?  What is the difference?

Hi, Michele.

I don't have pictures to compare the two pots. Many silver manufacturers created hollowware patterns that included several pieces. They often numbered them with consecutive model numbers. This is just a guess but perhaps one pot is a coffee pot and one is a tea pot (2600 & 2601).

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland