Silver and Flatware/Dominick Haff bowl

My mom has a small bowl and I have done enough research to know its by Dominick Haff but any further information you have would be great. It's small, maybe 6 inches wide, inch tall. Thanks!

Hi, Susie.

"Salem" is the pattern name. The numbers represent model number.

D&H was bought by Reed & Barton so you find bowls like this under either company's name. Here are two examples:

I don't know when this pattern was introduced but it probably was early 20th century.

Since the bowl is made of sterling, it has a significant value. However, don't go by the prices you might see at Replacements Ltd. They will be higher than an individual could sell a bowl for.

I hope this helps.

best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland