Silver and Flatware/Japanese bowl

Bottom of bowl
Bottom of bowl  
Hi, thank you so much for your earlier help. I understand you are a silver expert but I thought maybe you could point me in right direction. I have a bowl that appears to be copper/bronze with a mark on the bottom that I cannot locate anywhere. I believe it is Japanese and any direction you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry but I don't know anything about this. It's worth pursuing, I think, for its historical value. There was a vice-admiral with this name who was opposed to attacking the United States in 1941. At least, that's what I understand. Consider contacting the Japanese embassy or the nearest consulate for more information about this man and what he was doing in 1933.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland