Silver and Flatware/Stieff Rose sterling silver teaspoons

In the 60's and 70's my uncle gave me one of these 6"spoons each year for my birthday and Xmas. Then he died. I have 9 of them, some in the original (unopened)plastic baggies and blue pouches. They have no monogram and an H is engraved on the back. They were purchased at R.Harris&Co in Washington, DC

Do you know the value of these spoons?

Thank you!

Hi, Debbie.

Unfortunately, the secondary market does not give much additional credit for being in the original wrapper. They are "used" as far as the market is concerned. An individual selling these spoons could get between $15 and $20 if selling to a dealer and perhaps $25 to $35 if selling on something like eBay. You'll see higher pricers on the web sites of some dealers but an individual has a tough time getting near those prices.

If you are interested in selling and would like an offer from me, send an email to

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland