Silver and Flatware/Hamilton Mfg Co Quadruple Plated Teaset

Tea Set
Tea Set  
Hi.  I have a 3 piece tea set, stamped on the bottom "Hamilton Mfg Co" and it says "Quadruple Plated" and has a 50 stamped on it.  It does not say anything about "silver" although from it's beautiful patina, I am guessing it is silver plated.  I cannot find much information on Hamilton Mfg Co and was wondering if you knew what time period they manufactured or had any information at all, and any idea of range of worth.  I am attaching a picture.  Thank you for your time and help, it is greatly appreciated.

The name, "Hamilton", is found in the corporate names of several silver-related companies. The only one I could find named specifically, "Hamilton Mfg. Co.", was based in Chicago. A brief reference in a book I have said the company appeared to have been founded in 1895 but not much else is known.

The mark on the pieces indicate they are made of silver plate. The "50" probably is a model number or pattern number. It's difficult to place a value on the set because the value of such sets is highly dependent on the design and condition. Most sets with all the plating intact and in good condition generally sell in the range of $25 to $100. I recommend scanning actual sales of similar sets and patterns on eBay. You'll have a better idea of value.

Sorry I could not help more.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland